poof and circumstance

Standard

Thats right everyone, I finally got around to setting the twist, and to my suprise, the yarn poofed a lot more than I was expecting. I had spun it relatively fine expecting a significant poof, but still I think I didnt go fine enough.

That my dear friends is the money shot (all pun intended) at the finest points that is how thin the yarn is, I’m going to wager its a 18/16 sts per 4inch. Either way, I can’t wait for it to be dry so I can start swatching (against my own judgement as I really dont want to start anything right now until i finish more).

Not that I haven’t been finishing things, dishclothes abound, I have 1.5 left to go to be finished my cloth goal, and while the two patterns are starting to grate on me like nails on a chalkboard, with the end in sight its easier to keep slagging on. I refuse to weave in an end until their all done though, makes it less painful.

Aside from the dishclothes the other project getting attention is the waterlily top version 2.0. I’m finishing the top shapings, then I get to undo the provisional cast-on and cast off over 100 sts in a sitting. Well to be fair probably more than one. The good thing is, I like the yarn (colinette giotto) and its summer, and being summer I have that whole “want to wear tank top and not melt away to a puddle of goo” mentality that makes knitting easier.

In the meantime I am trying to accomplish research while waiting on REB approval (research ethics board), and doing enough stress cleaning that if this holds out through august I will have compleatly cleaned and re-arranged my house.  Also my front window sprun a leak. This is not a giant earth shattering leak but enough of a drippy splatting unfun that I worry for the state of the wall. It’s one of the only original windows on the house, and while I love original windows I think this one is trying to say “hey I’ve done my time, could you get a new window now” which of course is not in my negative budget but will be put on the top of the “house improvement” list.

The choice of the two seems to be the montressor from cables and lace in lizard toes (limited edition L&V colorway). There is enough yardage there for what I’m going to try and do, which may result in everything but dishclothes and finishing the waterlily top back a bit.

Advertisements

About sadieruin

Sadie is an intrepid fibre-file who can be found knitting, spinning, dying, or designing knit patterns when she's not at work. Her sock pattern "Mermaid's Lagoon" can be found in the Summer '09 issue of Knitty.com. Be sure to keep up with her knitting, spinning, dyeing (and occasionally weaving) exploits here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s